The commitment to delivering a focused plan has netted Midland Development Corporation (MDC) accolades and awards from across the country. While these awards give us reassurance that our innovations are cutting edge, the MDC measures our success with the results we achieve.
2011 Successes Include:
- Midland was named as one of the top cities in 2011 for manufacturing job growth according to a contributing article on 'NewGeography.com'
2010 Successes Include:
- The substantial growth in employees and payroll for BCCK Engineering and NG Resources.
- The relocation to Midland of regional offices for Apache Corporation.
- With partner Midland Memorial Hospital, the successful culmination of an extensive national physician recruitment campaign. The 2010 campaign resulted in 10 physicians' contracted to practice medicine in Midland - a critical part of improving access to health care, and the quality of life, for the residents of the Permian Basin.
- The recruitment of United Sky West Airlines providing daily nonstop jet service to its hub in Denver, CO.
- Renovation of the S-11A Hangar at Midland International Airport.
- Furthering Energy Innovation and Commercialization through partnerships with University of Texas of the Permian Basin, Texas Tech University, and the West Texas Coalition for Innovation & Commercialization.
- The significant progress on the renovation and construction of Permian Plaza I & II, a mixed-used development, creating additional office space and parking in the Central Business District.
- John Crane Production Solutions - formally Fiberod - has continued to exceed payroll requirements of $800,000 and 26 employees. Though having a distribution facility in Midland prior to their partnership with the MDC, John Crane Production Solutions was able to expand their operations to include manufacturing to the Midland site.
2009 Successes Include:
- Midland ranked No. 6 overall for per ca-pita personal income, with the average income in the Tall City coming in at $57,615, according to data released from the U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- The Milken Institute named Midland the Number one Small Metro of the 2008 and 2009 Best-Performing Metros in America.
- Inc. Magazine's Top City in America for Doing Business
- Recognized in the Top Five out of 250 MSAs in the US for Business Location by Business Facilities Location Finder
- Received TEDC Workforce Best Practices Award for communities of population over 100,000
- Recipient of the 2009 Texas Economic Development Corporation's Community Economic Development Award (CEDA), to honor excellence and exceptional contributions of Texas communities in economic development.
- Recognized by Texas A&M Real Estate Center Blogger Contest - RECON Newsletter states: "LiveMidlandTexas.com proved most popular with readers, narrowly edging out the Austin Real Estate Guy in the fourth heat of our "Favorite Blog" contest."