Midland Development Corporation takes a proactive approach to workforce recruitment. A program is in place to secure a talented skilled workforce to insure continued success for Midland employers by recruiting in areas outside of our immediate region.
The aggressive approach recently received a statewide honor from the Texas Economic Development Council when it was awarded the Best Practices Award for their efforts.
Recruitment initiatives in place include the following:
- The Make Midland Home website - an interactive tool created to partner Midland Employers with Job Seekers, thus providing the useful information needed to Job Seekers considering a move to Midland, TX.
- Military Recruitment - An established presence at many of the largest bases in the country through the ACAP center and ACAP sponsored hiring events.
- Corporate Layoffs - The ability to reach displaced workers in a variety of methods in the immediate time frame of a corporate closure or mass layoff.
- The MDC regularly reaches out to past high school graduates to keep them informed about employment opportunities.
- Utilizing the media in various forms such as print ads, highway signage and websites to educate those outside of the West Texas region about the vibrant employment opportunities that exist.
- The MDC partners with organizations throughout Midland and Texas to promote workforce growth.