Why Midland for Aerospace in Texas
Midland, Texas, in the heart of oil & gas country - is a place that has grown exponentially, leveraging the profits from a thriving energy sector to diversify its economy. These investments have made it possible to develop the country’s first spaceport co-located with a major commercial airport. Midland’s Spaceport Business Park is an FAA-approved commercial space launch site and convenient for companies designing, manufacturing, testing, and launching. In addition, the Midland Altitude Chamber Complex is unique to Midland and an incredible resource for testing, simulating and training flight crews.
Midland is Convenient for Aerospace in Texas
Midland itself is strategically located and within hours of the New Mexico border, El Paso, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas, Texas. Houston, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Tucson, Sante Fe, Shreveport, and Little Rock are all within a day's drive. The region is known for its robust infrastructure, which includes access to interstate, rail, and air transportation.
From a workforce perspective, Midland has nearly twice the national average for engineers in the workforce. The community is #3 in the nation for fastest growing metros and attracting talent from throughout the country.
Why Choose the Spaceport Business Park in Texas
- FAA Approved Commercial Space Launch Site (spaceport)
- The first U.S. commercial spaceport to be co-located with a major commercial airport
- Available sites allow commercial space companies an economical venue for testing, production and launch operations
- Opportunities for commercial development
- The MDC can provide active business support for diversified companies
- Favorable regulatory environment
- The Midland Altitude Chamber Complex (MACC) provides higher education R&D opportunities
- Aerospace companies work closely with local school districts to focus on STEM fields